This intensive, challenging and highly interactive and practical course is designed to develop delegates’ skills to conduct Health and Safety Management System audits in order to:
- Assess compliance of an organization against third party standards to meet internal or external requirements.
- Support OH&S policy and effectively improve the OH&S programme.
- Contribute to the requirements to register as an OHS Management Systems Auditor under the IRCA Auditor Registration Scheme.
- Defining the purpose and structure of the OH&S Standards (OHSAS 18001, ILO OHS 2000)
- Review of OH&S legislation and codes of practice
- Identification of OH&S hazards and risk evaluation
- Principles of auditing, auditor skills and responsibilities and the audit cycle:
- Planning – use of checklists
- Interviewing and evaluation of information
- Observation – objective evidence
- Evaluating the significance of nonconformities
- Corrective actions and effective follow-up programmes
- Effective improvement
- Accreditation and certification
- Sources of information and further development
- Open book exam
Following the course, participants have an opportunity for further development where their subsequent in-company OH&S audits can be observed and tutored to provide practical on-site training.
Who should attend:
- Those responsible for obtaining third party certification to OHSAS 18001 for their organization.Auditors who want to assess OH&S management systems and who need to show professional competence in this subject.
- Those new to auditing wishing to gain a sound knowledge and become competent in OH&S management system auditing.
- Senior managers who will have to understand the outcome of OH&S audits.
Our course will equip delegates with an in-depth knowledge of auditing health and safety management systems to third party standards including OHSAS 18001, providing OH&S practitioners and systems auditors with the understanding and skills necessary to professionally audit an OH&S management system. Our course focuses on developing auditor skills, techniques and competence.
Course dates and locations: